OAuth 2.0 is the next evolution of the OAuth protocol which was originally created in late 2006. OAuth 2.0 focuses on client developer simplicity while providing specific authorization flows for web applications, desktop applications, mobile phones, and living room devices. This specification is being developed within the IETF OAuth WG.
Questions, suggestions and protocol changes should be discussed on the mailing list.
Reading the spec
- NodeJS OAuth 2.0 Provider
- Mozilla Firefox Accounts. A full stack Identy Provider system developed to support Firefox market place and other services
- OAuth2orize: toolkit to implement OAuth2 Authorization Servers
- OAuth.io (self hosted), and also you can use as an external service
- SSQ signon (self hosted), and also you can use as an external service
- Auth0: Authorization Server as a service (or self hosted)
- Objective C
- Lua/Corona SDK
Services that support OAuth 2
- 37signals (draft 5)
- Campaign Monitor
- Facebook's Graph API
- Citrix ShareFile
- Do.com (draft 22)
- Windows Live
- time cockpit
- Zalando's baboon-proxy
For more information on OAuth 1.0 and 1.0a, see the old About page.