OAuth 2.0 is the next evolution of the OAuth protocol which was originally created in late 2006. OAuth 2.0 focuses on client developer simplicity while providing specific authorization flows for web applications, desktop applications, mobile phones, and living room devices. This specification is being developed within the IETF OAuth WG and is based on the OAuth WRAP proposal.
Questions, suggestions and protocol changes should be discussed on the mailing list.
Reading the spec
The final version of the spec can be found at http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6749.
- NodeJS OAuth 2.0 Provider
- Ruby OAuth2 Server (draft 18)
- .NET DotNetOpenAuth
- Erlang Oauth2 Server framework
- PHP OAuth 2.0 client
- OAuth2/OpenID Connect Client Library for PHP/Zend Framework 2
- iPhone and iPad
- iOS and Mac OS X (draft 10)
- Ruby Gem
Services that support OAuth 2
- 37signals (draft 5)
- Campaign Monitor
- Facebook's Graph API (see sociallipstick.com/?p=239)
- Citrix ShareFile
- Do.com (draft 22)
- Windows Live
The source code to this site is available on Github. Feel free to submit pull requests with changes!